Saturday, March 18, 2006

GOA

Try to guess what does it mean.
A place? No.
Music style? No.
A person? So far not!
GOA it's just Going Out Alone. Have you tried this?
Most people feels just terrified if they have to go out without someone (or without the possibility to meet someone). Some of them prefers to stay at home!
Well, I am used to GOA. Even when I was in Brazil...last carnival I spent it all by myself. It was great, I have the opportunity to meet a lot of people and come back home alone, when I want.
Of course, to practise GOA it's not so easy, specially if you LOOOOVE to talk and comment about other people (a.k.a. gossip). Going out, staying quiet most part of the night, even if you meet someone, probably the intimacy will not be the same as if it was with a friend. It's a risk to take (and sometimes it's not so worthy as it sounds).
People still looks amazed when you say "I am going out alone". Well, some of are not amazed, maybe thinking you are a freak...but who cares? Why do I have to go out in a group all the time? Am I what? A kind of animal who needs to be in group all the time? No way!
I am practising GOA here in Norway since last week. And it's being worthy...until now!
Do you want to practise GOA? Here are some tips:

a) Don't be afraid...people bites only if you ask (well, most part of them)
b) Try to explore new places to go
c) Don't just stay sitting down looking...go, do some actions like dance
d) Someone start being annoying trying to talk with you? Give an excuse and disappear
e) Tell someone where are you going...just for safety
and last, but not least...
f) Yes, you can have fun alone! Go and try it!

1 You are free to cry here:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous cried...

I never had problems with it.
When I didn't have company, I used to practicise GOA, so nicelly (Did u like it?!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home