Thursday, February 16, 2006

The "so called" sun

One of the things I was sure when I choose Norway to work as an au pair, it was the missing sun. My original neighborhood was the hottest - I don't mean sexy, but warm - neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro. Almost every day, specially in the summer, I should stand the very shinning sun. Work in Bangu, if you don't have an air-conditioner, means suffer and sweat. So I thought, maybe my body needs a shock treatment.
Soon as I arrived in Norway, I discovered I was prepared just for the norwegian spring...the brazilian winter clothes are nothing to survive the winter. No problem. The real thing was: most part of the time when we have sun, the temperature falls. In January here in Bergen we had some days with -4 degrees (not usual to this place). Those days, most part of them, were sunny. I felt sad, seeing a yellow shinning ball in the sky, but impossible to warm me. Now my dream is to stay one week swimming in Rio das Ostras or Ilha Grande (forget Salvador, Natal and these stuffs. We have everything in Rio de Janeiro :D). Maybe it's natural from human being, to desire exactly what you've leaved before. But I still don't miss to walk home with 40 degrees in my head...

3 You are free to cry here:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Francisco Vinicius cried...

I don't speak english.
Coloque "um traduzir" para o português, assim como o outro tem para o inglês. hahaha
Eu fico destruido com 32° aqui, e ai tem neve!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Cail cried...

yes. forget our far better and cleaner beach in the northeast area. This way will be easier to keep them cleaner :P

Oh enjoy the cold will you?
I'm damn hot in here. which i could trade places with you.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger MissMoura cried...

Since you leave Brazil I think a lot about this subjective. I passed to love more Rio and brazil, do u believe? I passed look to the citie with other eyes. Of course I want to travel and maybe live abroad for a time, but I don`t know if I still leave Brazil "forever".
Saudade. The word that`s impossible to translate.
Kisses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home