Saturday, February 25, 2006

Single? Cursed!

Hi, my name is Kelly, I am single and cursed. Well, at least that's the way the things sound to me here.
I never cared too much about my "status", when I was in Brazil. Single, committed, married (ooops, this one I've never been), I always had fun, alone or with friends. But since I've moved to Norway, I could feel how the "single" label counts a lot in your relationships.
I am the only one single in my norwegian class. Sometimes I feel like the others look at me with pity, specially the girls who moved to live with their boyfriends. I don't know if it's true, but who will disagree with someone on PMS? ;)
I don't know about the girls from my class, but what I've seen here is the fact of committed girls they live in groups. And you are NOT allowed to join them, at least if you are single. I don't want to join this sorority just because I am in a foreign country. I want to find someone right. But they don't care...
Friendship in Norway is hard, most part of norwegians are too cold. I have few friends, one of them brazilian (and committed, damn). I miss to have a boyfriend, of course I do. But I don't think the right person is close to me, at least now. Yes, if you are wondering, I am single, but not alone. But I still need to be loved (and love). I don't want to set up a relationship because "I need it".
Yes, commitment brings a new breathe in your circle of relationship. New friends (friends of your partner) and a smile in their face because finally you are "figure out" (yes, if you watched Sex and The City, you are right, I brought the idea from that episode). Is this fear?
Single people, for some of couples, remember the life before the commitment. Sometimes it's depressed, specially if they stop their lifes (like go out, meet friends, do things alone) just to live with each other (a.k.a. pass the whole weekend watching tv/dvd). So, why remember this? Let's just remove these people from our lives!
I don't want a boyfriend right now. Maybe later. What I want now is to be free of "poor little thing" look and be with someone who makes me laugh, even if we are not having sex. Is this too much to ask?
Maybe the things will change when I get more activities, when I get over my fear to practise my norwegian, but until there I will keep myself using my blogs, my msn and the telephones to remember me I am not alone in this place.

1 You are free to cry here:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Cail cried...

do you laugh a lot when you having sex? weirdo.

And don't worry. we are all singles. And hey, get used to the vikings there will you? In time, they will get warmer. These people are just usually more reserved than us, brazilians. We can be a pain in the ass, actually, being sooo easy-going as we are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home